If you are interested in volunteering with us, we would love to hear from you! Our committed and friendly team of volunteers support us in a number of roles – we couldn’t do what we do without them. And we are always happy to welcome more.
The roles volunteers carry out include :-
- supporting clients during our client gardening sessions – working alongside them in a variety of tasks around the garden
- maintenance work on Wednesdays so that the garden is fit for therapeutic use
- planning and administrative tasks, or assisting with events – hours are variable depending on the task
- joining our planning group to help develop and direct Ridgeline, with the option of becoming a trustee
What is the process for becoming a volunteer?
Please contact us, and we will let you know more about the roles that are currently available, and the time commitment we ask for. We then :-
- ask you to complete a contact form and provide two references, one of whom should ideally know you through work, whether paid or voluntary
- invite you to the garden for an informal chat – this will give both you and Ridgeline the opportunity to check that this is the right role for you. You will be able to tell us about your interests and if there is any support we can provide to help you in your volunteering role.
- contact your referees about you
- for some roles a DBS check will also be required
- agree with you whether we are right for eachother
When you start volunteering with us, you will be given a full induction, including training in supporting clients and any necessary therapeutic techniques and gardening skills. Our horticultural therapists, trustees and experienced volunteers will be on hand to advise you and provide any further support you may need.
We look forward to hearing from you by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or please phone our Development Manager, Sian Hooley, on 07535 636 018.